Myticas has an amazing opportunities for dynamic network engineers looking to be challenged and work with a leading global organization.
We’re searching for talented network engineering for a project focused on delivering high-throughput and long-range connectivity via free-space optical communication (FSOC) links.
The role will emphasize designing, implementing, testing and deploying networking solutions that gracefully integrate into commercial heterogeneous (wireline and wireless) networks.
- Work to understand and define network-level (Layer 3 and 4) requirements for FSOC backhaul communications links embedded in large-scale networks.
- Perform and participate in trades (e.g., architecture, performance, cost, interfaces). Identify technologies for cost-efficient and operationally mature FSOC links.
- Quantify the performance impact of interactions between Layer 1-4 protocols and contribute to system-level optimizations.
- Develop novel algorithms and solutions for network traffic over mesh topologies.
- Develop and execute test plans and automation processes for key network performance indicators.
- Develop and operate testbeds to ensure seamless integration into partner networks.
- Participate in field testing, system monitoring, and analysis.
- Develop test objectives, procedures, success criteria, and results.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in C, C++, Linux.
- Experience in transport-layer protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, OTN), as well as network routing and switching protocols for heterogeneous (wireline and wireless) networks.
- Experience with heterogeneous network design and operations at scale (e.g., (W)ISPs and telcos).
- MS degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with network infrastructure and deployments in emerging markets.
- Experience with development of (or on top of) networking products (e.g. Cisco, VMWare Open vSwitch etc.)
- Experience with mesh topologies and routing protocols.
- Demonstrable familiarity with recent industry trends, such as Network Functions Virtualization.
- Familiarity with: google3, Spanner, Borg, Dremel, Monarch, Viceroy.
Candidates wishing to apply for these roles are to send us a detailed model of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will formally follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.