Myticas Consultings Software Team is looking for an intermediate Java Developer within the Toronto region.
We are looking for candidates who understand and interpret functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents.
Other responsibilities within this position would be:
- Analyzes technical solutions that will satisfy the functional requirements.
- Designs, develops and unit tests technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned.
- Conducts analysis of application issues and determines root cause.
- Conducts coding and testing of maintenance fixes and small enhancements.
- Monitors performance of assigned applications, identifying bottlenecks, and working to remove them.
- Develops, documents and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards, including working on development projects.
- Provides support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed.
- Prepares and implements the technical solution to the production environment.
- Investigates and provides post implementation support of the technical solution implemented.
Must have skills include:
- Web Programming Experience (JSP, AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML, & CSS)
- Java development experience 3+ years
- Spring experience
- Maven experience
- Mercurial/Git experience
- Basic understanding of Windows Administration, Access permissions, shares and file servers
- Detail oriented, able to trace processes and troubleshoot documented processes
- Strong communication skills
- Database skills
Nice to have skills include:
- Good understanding of Apache Tomcat
- Experience with incident / change management tools
- Good understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, VLAN)
- IBM Websphere MQ
- IBM Datastage Transformation Extender
- Command, powershell or bash scripting
- Understanding of Jira, Bitbucket & Confluence
Candidates wishing to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our IT recruitment staff will formally follow up at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.