Myticas Consulting is looking to bring aboard an experienced IT Security Engineer, who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity within the Ottawa/Gatineau region.
Mandatory requirements include:
- MUST have secret security clearance.
- Candidate must have experience with Qradar and/or Fortinet.
- Ideal to have knowledge of ITSG security standards.
The IT Security Engineer must perform the following tasks:
- Provide security architecture design and engineering support to the security team.
- Provide expertise for directory standards such as X.400, X.500 and SMTP.
- Provide expertise for operating Systems such as MS, Unix, Linux and Novell.
- Provide expertise for Networking Protocols such as HTTP, FTP and Telnet.
The candidare will provide secure IT architectures fundamentals, standards, communications and security protocols such as IPSec, IPv6, SSL and SSH for:
- Network routers, multiplexers and switches.
- Domain name services and network time protocols.
- Application, host and/or network hardening.
- Provide support for intrusion detection/prevention systems, malicious code defence, file integrity, enterprise security management and/or firewalls.
- Provide support for wireless technology.
- Provide support for cryptographic algorithms and technical threats to, and vulnerabilities of networks.
- Prepare technical reports such as IT Security Solutions option analysis and implementation plans.
IT Security Engineer – may possess any of the following certifications:
- Registration/licence to practise professional engineering in Canada
- CISSP from (ISC) 2
- CISSP / ISSEP from (ISC) 2
- CISSP / IS
- SMP from (ISC) 2
- CISM from ISACA
- GIAC / Any Silver audit certification
- GIAC / Any Gold audit certification
- GIAC / Any Silver management certification
- GIAC / GSFP, GEIT Gold management certification
Candidates wishing to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our IT recruitment staff will formally follow up at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.