The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Java Back-End Software Developer, who would be interested in a long-term contract role within the Ottawa region.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Are comfortable with agile development and work iteratively.
- Work well in a team environment, teach and learn from their teammates.
- Take ownership and see initiatives through.
- Have a desire and ability to learn in a fast paced and innovative environment.
You’ll need to have experience in:
- Building backend web services with RESTful APIs.
- In Java 8 programming including the Stream API, concurrency API and lambda expressions.
- Building event-driven applications in a Pub/Sub architecture.
- Working with relational databases, JDBC, JPA and SQL.
- Working with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Delivering well tested user-focused software in a continuous integration environment.
It would be amazing if you have:
- Experience in Reactive programming using Reactor, RxJava or Akka Streams.
- Experience in Functional programming in Java, Scala or Spark.
- Experience in Apache Kafka or any Pub/Sub platforms.
- Experience in building ETL or streaming applications.
- Experience in deploying, running and troubleshooting applications in containers e.g. Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos.
- Experience in working with TDD or BDD.
- Experience in working with DDD.
Candidates wishing to apply for this role are to send us a detailed model of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will formally follow up at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.