The team at Myticas is seeking an IP/MPLS Network Architect/Engineer to deliver services to the end customer base.
The candidate in this role will be required to work directly with end customers and in a consultative manner with product support teams, regional customer support teams, the R&D organization and systems engineering teams to deliver projects which may include the following responsibilities:
- Be the on-site representative working at customer premises as a resident engineer.
- Lead design discussions with the customer and consult with other team architects for design validations.
- Engage in the day-to-day activities of the customer as related to products and services.
- Produce and deliver product configuration based on pre-defined network designs.
- Produce detailed Network Migration Services to support our customer’s requirements.
- Act as onsite technical prime for IP products.
- Act as onsite technical prime for validating/supporting automated service creations and report generation tools.
- Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for network deployments and live migrations of customer traffic on IP equipment.
- Design Service for/upgrade/configures IP/MPLS products (e.g. 7×50 SR/ESS, 7705 SAS, 7210 ).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer’s technical management teams.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key IP product lines.
- The work is mainly on-site with customers.
- The successful candidate will have strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills as well as being energetic, results oriented and a self starter.
The experiences required are:
- Experience delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support.
- Network Engineering expertise at a Multi-vendor integration experience.
- Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QOS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, DPI, etc.
- Specific Alcatel knowledge of ALU 7×50 routers, 7705 SAS, 7210.
- Excellent hands-on network integration and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Influences others outside of the team to ensure goals are met and conflicts are resolved.
- Responds to requests for technical information and assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- 50 percent travel is required.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will formally follow up at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.