The IT recruitment team at Myticas is looking for a strong Network Engineer within the Ottawa region.
Will be responsible for IP/MPLS Network design and deliver services onsite to the end customer base.
Will be required to work directly with end customers and in a consultative manner with product support teams, regional customer support teams, and the organization and systems engineering teams to deliver projects which may include the following:
- Produce and deliver advanced, detailed Network Migration Services to support our customer’s requirements.
- Act as onsite technical prime for customer products.
- Produce and review technical network migration documentation.
- Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for live migrations of customer traffic on customer equipment.
- Design service for the upgrade/configuration of IP/MPLS products (e.g. 7×50 SR/ESS, 7705 SAR…).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer’s technical management teams.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key product lines.
- The work is mainly on-site with customers, with travel a requirement (approx 30% of the time. Must have strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills as well as being energetic, results oriented and a self starter.
Experiences and qualifications would include:
- Advanced IP/MPLS training/certification (ALU SRA, Cisco CCIE, Juniper JNCIE).
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of work experience with some or all of the following: (Delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support).
- Network Engineering expertise at a Multi-vendor integration experience.
- Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, BRAS, etc.
- Specific Alcatel knowledge of ALU 7×50 routers, 7705 SAS.
- 3rd party router expertise, include Cisco/Juniper product lines.
- Excellent hands-on network integration and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Influences others outside of the team to ensure goals are met and conflicts are resolved.
- Responds to requests for technical information and assistance in a timely and professional manner.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will formally follow up at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.