The technical recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Power BI Developer, who would be interested in a long-term contract role within the Ottawa region.
Our largest North American private sector client is looking for a someone who will plan, analyze, design, develop and implement Power BI dashboards and reports, and will advise and assist clients in support of their self-service Power BI development.
The overall responsibilities of the candidate would be:
- To develop Power BI data models that aggregate data from multiple data sources to meet requirements.
- Configure and setup application gateway refreshes.
- Perform analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system technical specifications.
- Provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
- Create mock-up reports for proof of concept reviews.
- Write functional/non-functional and integration test cases and test scripts from Power BI reporting business requirements and technical design documents.
- Perform Power BI report test execution and documenting test results.
- Assist the clients during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Collaborate with our Data Architecture, Data Integration and IM teams to integrate data for Power BI applications.
- Share best practices to ensure we leverage the best design available.
- Provide training, mentoring, support and advice to clients on their self-service Power BI development and on how to query or analyze data and create robust visualizations.
Mandatory skills and experience needed for the role are:
- Minimum 2 years hands-on work experience with Microsoft Power BI designing, developing and implementing dashboard and reporting solutions.
- Minimum 5 years experience with the following: Data warehousing design methodologies including Dimensional Data modelling; Star-Schema Modelling, Snowflake Schema Modelling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Oracle and MS SQL database technology experience (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing and optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards and reports with a focus on usability and performance.
- Experience creating compelling and meaningful visualizations, hierarchies and drill-down in Power BI.
- Experience using DAX Data Analysis expressions and functions, Power Pivot, Enhancing Power BI visuals, Data extraction and Power query for data transformation.
- Experience with Power BI data modelling: defining a data model with calculated columns, measures and calculated tables using DAX.
- Experience with Power BI security methodologies; aligning business use cases with security solutions.
- Experience configuring Gateway services.
- Experience with Power BI development best practices, industry standard, methodologies.
- Experience with SAS and/or R language (‘nice to have’).
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this role are to send in an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our staff will review all applicants and follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.