Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Product Manager who would be interested in a long-term contract role within the Deerfield, MI region.
The Product Manager will be part of the team responsible for the full product lifecycle management of Deepfield’s product line.
The Product Manager will drive product requirements for the core platform and applications. They will directly manage the product releases and feature prioritization as well as helping to define the product growth strategies including looking at addressing tangential markets. The successful candidate will have a strong background in service provider security and/or routing infrastructure, managed security services, or network engineering and will have experience with software product management and product lifecycle management.
You will help inspire and collaborate with highly capable teams in product management, product marketing, architecture and development to drive the solution to market, including maintaining the current generation Deepfield platform while scoping out the next generation of network security and analytics platforms and technologies.
The successful candidate will serve in a technical product expert role requiring a strong background in networking, ISP infrastructure and security as well as experience working with engineering teams, translating market needs into product requirements, thriving in an AGILE development environment and interfacing with customers, channel partners, technology partners, Nokia account teams (account managers & sales engineers) and industry analysts.
Qualifications for this role include:
- 7 years of experience with telecom products. Must have minimum 5 years of product management experience, or previous experience in strategy development, business development, partnership development, and/or solutions marketing
- 10 years of increasing responsibility for positioning and delivering networking solutions including optical, Ethernet and IP networking offering
- Product management / business acumen – understand Go To Market requirements for networking solutions
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively across many groups within the organization including sales, business development, product management, marketing, services & support, manufacturing/operations, program management, legal, and finance
- High energy and ability to influence/lead others; willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great project-management skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent technical skills, with solid technical and operational understanding of telco, cable and data center solutions
- Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners)
- Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and customers; proficiency in conflict management, negotiation, and presentation/demonstration
- Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
- Demonstrable experience in identifying changing business models, and ability to associate these to changing solution/product and architecture requirements
- Strong internal consulting skills to work with external and internal customers in driving their architecture needs and will routinely deliver presentations to stakeholders
- Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
- Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
- Network routing (BGP, IGP, IP/MPLS) or network security (DDOS) background at service providers is preferred.
- Experience in an agile development environment is preferred.
- MBA or advanced degree
In order to apply for this opportunity, send us an updated version of your resume in confidence. Our team will formally follow up with those candidates whom would be an ideal fit for the requirement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.