Myticas Consulting is currently looking for an experienced RF Engineer, for a long-term contract role within multiple United States locations (Irving TX, Charlotte NC, Naperville IL and Boston MA).
To perform the role successfully, the following below are required.
- Must have knowledge about LTE/VoLTE technology, LTE network architecture, 3GPP standards; Additionally, experience in supporting RF deployments with US-based cellular operators preferred
- Must have at least 5-years of hands-on experience working on LTE and/or VoLTE RF optimization or network performance management functions including trending, analysis, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Desirable to have experience working with alarm management, performance management and parameter configuration management. Hands on knowledge of ALU LTE TDD and FDD parameters. Experience with OSS is a plus.
- Must have experience with LTE parameters, KPI counters, Operational Performance Indicator (OPI) counters, and associated call scenarios. Skills to review daily KPI reports and identify sites with performance degradation issues is required.
- Must have deep experience in network performance components and troubleshooting. Network performance problem detection and solution methods, e.g., throughput issues, connection drops, blocks, etc.
- Desirable to have knowledge in RF Optimization Layer 3 analysis experience using tools similar to ACTIX
- Must have knowledge of running traces for troubleshooting/analysis. Must have knowledge of the various drive testing equipment such as JDSU/RAN Advisor, Nemo, TEMS, X-cal, Windcatcher and FalconSmart
- Plus: Have expertise in troubleshooting to perform tasks such as resetting an eNB/RRH, changing a parameter, run WO, updating the yang file, alarms, RSSI issues
- Should have an understanding of Radio Resource Management functionalities, e.g., handover control, admission controls, capacity management, etc.
- Desirable to have knowledge of tools including PNM, NPO, NetAct RS, etc. creating reports and deep dive counter based analysis
- Desirable to have understanding & exposure to RF design (link budget inputs, propagation models), optimization, PLANET, ATOLL and performance tools.
- Strong teamwork, discipline to follow process, good communication and documentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (formulas, running macros), MS PowerPoint and UNIX
In order to apply for the opportunity, send us a detailed model of your resume in confidence. Our recruitment staff will formally follow up after the review process.