The IT recruitment division at Myticas is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer within the Downers Grove, Illinois region.
The opportunity requires application development knowledge to refactor several business systems, with the goal to reduce the technical debt within the portfolio.
Some of the common tasks on each application will be:
- Migrating the application’s persistence layer from Oracle to SQL Server.
- Refactoring PL/SQL logic into application code.
- Refactoring integrations by consuming and/or producing SOAP or REST services.
This engagement will back-fill and free up other resources to work on other critical business projects.
The consultant will:
- Conduct group discussions with key internal stakeholders.
- Work with the product teams to help determine requirements and understand the designs of each product.
- Refactoring, building and testing each product.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails Development.
- Experience with consuming and producing web services (SOAP preferred).
- Need comprehensive knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions a plus.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the underlying infrastructure technologies such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, virtual machines, Apache, Single Sign On and load balancing tech.
Candidates looking to apply for the role are to send us an updated version of their resume. Our recruitment team will review everything and follow up accordingly after the review phase.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.