Our IT recruitment team is looking to bring on a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, for a full-time contracting opportunity.
The qualifications within this role would be:
- Experience in C/C++ is essential.
- Deep understanding of writing code on low level direct hardware access using device data sheets for accessing embedded controllers and their peripherals and associated low-level interface protocols is mandatory, examples include JTAG, SPI, I2C and PCI-e.
- Knowledge of real-time OS and embedded UNIX and using its debug capabilities.
- Well-organized, methodical individual able to work in a multiple-site development environment with aggressive time-constraints.
- Comfortable reading product hardware schematics and performing digital circuit analysis.
- Experienced in analyzing and debugging failures.
- Understanding of script language like TCL or PERL for test sequencing.
- Experience with boot loaders, e.g. u-boot.
- Detail-oriented person with an ability to develop comprehensive code to thoroughly exercise hardware functionality of an assigned product.
- Flexible, creative individual who is able to debug product problems in an environment where debug tools are not always well-developed.
- Familiarity with version-control tools like git, and CVS.
- Excellent communication skills in English, able to explain complex technical problems to both hardware and software teams.
To inquire further details, or to apply for the opportunity, send us an updated version of your resume in confidence. Our IT recruitment team will follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.