The Software Development Team at Myticas Consulting is actively looking to bring aboard a senior level Java Developer within the Toronto region.
The candidate will be a part of a highly skilled, Agile team and work in a collaborative environment where continuous learning opportunities and challenging work is a constant.
The candidate will employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
Our requirements include:
- Years of industry experience developing Java Applications working in Java 7/8
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- A focus on delivering results with benefits to the customer
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
- A champion who undertakes new approaches and helps transform our technological capabilities
- An ability to think creatively but also pragmatically
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities
Must have skills:
- 5+ years’ experience working in Java 7/8
- 5+ years’ experience using Spring IOC
- 5+ years’ experience using Spring JDBC or Hibernate
- 5+ years’ development knowledge and experience working with Java application servers (WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.)
- 5+ years’ development knowledge and experience working with RDBMS, SQL, Oracle. etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with Web Service technologies (REST/SOAP)
- Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools Subversion, Git, Maven, etc.)
- Experience using Junit or TestNG
- Key contributor to design and implementation of projects with varying complexity
- Expert knowledge of OO design, patterns, and data structures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate technical solutions at all organization levels
- Ability to learn quickly, work across full stack and in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, leader and mentor
Nice to have skills:
- Typescript and RXJS
- TDD and Secure coding principals
- Spring MVC/Spring Boot
- Continuous Integration Tools (TeamCity)
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Current with latest technology, trends, and best practices
Candidates wishing to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our IT recruitment staff will formally follow up at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.