The team at Myticas is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator, who would be interested in a long-term consulting opportunity within the Ottawa region.
Key duties include:
- Gathers input, provides direction, and makes decisions to ensure the database infrastructure fits within the vision.
- Partners closely with different groups within IT, as well as business customers, to clearly understand their requirements, to implement technology solutions, and to own the resulting systems.
- Communicates the status of corporate and/or divisional initiatives.
- Demonstrates expert skills in leadership, project management, hardware/software architecture & best practices, computer security & compliance, and database architectures (e.g., SQL Server, SQL Clustering, SQL Mirroring).
- Functions as a project lead for all necessary database systems.
Required skills for this role are:
- 5+ years of DB2 database administration, and development experience with mainframe technologies (z/OS)
- Experience with z/OS, COBOL, JCL, CICS, IMS, DB2
- Experienced with Debugging tools
- Experienced with Source control & configuration management tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice-to-have skills are:
- Agile delivery experience
- Experience in platform modernization
If you’re looking to apply for this position, be sure to update and send us a version of your resume in confidence. We will contact those whom would be an ideal fit for the requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.