Embedded Graphic Engineer/Designer (Vulkan / OpenGL)
Location: 100% Remote – Canada/US
Term: 12 Months
Graphics Engineer/Designer (Vulkan, OpenGL)
You are passionate about software engineering and possess leadership skills to drive sophisticated issues to resolution. You are required to communicate effectively and work optimally with geographically and culturally diverse teams across the organization, such as Architecture, Implementation, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Verification and Certification teams. Our client’s products are focused on graphics processor technologies, and successful candidates will require solid experience in graphics driver development and integration.
- Develop, integrate, debug, and certify graphics drivers that implement Vulkan SC across a compliment of GPUs in the portfolio.
- Develop, integrate, debug, and certify products that are based on Vulkan SC.
- Ensure compliance to Khronos based conformance test suites for all open standard interfaces.
- Develop internal, robust test suites for both Vulkan SC drivers and derived products in support of quality assurance.
- Develop baseline drivers and product compliment on Windows/Linux that will ultimately be deployed on safety critical operating systems and targets.
- Adhere to regulatory guidelines and generate pertinent artifacts in support of certification activities.
- Comply with defined coding standards and execute in alignment with defined end-to-end development lifecycle: proof of concept, in addition to the formal design and review of all software components (architecture capture, high / low Level requirement creation and code implementation).
- Bachelor's in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Prior professional level experience: 8+ years for Principal post, 4-8 years for Senior post, and 1-4 years for entry level post, as a software developer with accelerated graphics and compute platforms (embedded safety critical is a plus).
- Exceptional organizational, communication, collaboration, and team building skills.
- Diligent, tenacious, high integrity, strong work ethic, and sound problem-solving skills.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience programming and optimizing graphics & compute drivers and applications.
- 3D graphics & compute API knowledge and experience (OpenGL, and/or Vulkan).
- 3D graphics & compute driver knowledge and experience.
- Windows / Linux development proficiency.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrent programming (multicore work distribution a plus).
- Familiarity with performance analysis tools and strong debugging skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Working experience of open standard graphics and compute FACE/Khronos Interfaces (OpenGL SC 1.0, OpenGL SC 2.0, Vulkan SC, OpenCL, SYCL, OpenVX, BLAS/FFT, NNEF, Video Encode / Decode).
- Working experience with industry pertinent coding languages (C/C++, GLSL, ESSL, SRIR-V, GPU-ISA, Graphics and Compute Shaders, CUDA, Python).
- General Architectural Construct Knowledge (safety critical embedded real time graphics driver development, Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), hypervisors, multicore CPU configurations, inter-process communication, interrupt management, CPU/GPU synchronization methods, multi-threaded / multi-partitioned frameworks, virtualization mechanisms, robust time & space partitioning).
- Experience with embedded operating systems (VxWorks, Integrity, Deos, QNX, etc.).
- Experience with certification compliance artifacts and audit support (SLR/HLR/LLR requirement generation and traceability, structural/MCDC/statement coverage, control and data coupling assessment compliance, and MISRA coding standards).
- Adept at working in geographically distributed development teams.
- Proficiency with development tools and supporting framework (DOORS, RTC, RTRT, Git, Jira), as well as the Microsoft Office tool suite, including Visio, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams.
- Experience working with both waterfall and agile processes (scrum master certification a plus).
- Experienced with Six Sigma, Lean principles, CMMI, OKRs (Objectives & Key Results).
- Experience with DO-178 and ISO 26262 is a plus.