Myticas, LLC is currently seeking an Internal Communications Specialist for contract position with our direct client based in New York City, NY.
Please review the below job description and apply with a copy of your resume and /or a cover letter if you feel this would be a good fit!
Title: Internal Communications Specialist
Location: New York City, NY 10005 OR Can Work on 100% remote During the Covid-19.
Duration: 7 Months Contract
The Internal Communications Associate / Specialist will have tactical communications responsibilities for the business units or functional areas within the GRC division. This position will work closely with the leadership teams of those areas in executing the communication plan to support business-specific needs in line with the overall business strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of internal communications and/or corporate communications experience, with experience in planning, researching, writing, problem solving, editing and coordinating production of internal communications.
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation storytelling skills
- Strong knowledge of general office and digital communications tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Polite Mail, Easy Movie, Yammer; Web-based tools such as Canva, etc.)
- Strong eye for design and experience with design tools, such as Adobe Creative or similar suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, or Canva
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and a proactive personality who can work well with all levels of management and staff and build productive working relationships
- Exceptionally detail oriented; highly organized and very effective at managing multiple deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently with limited guidance; willingness to take direction and accept feedback
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality and discretion
- Knowledge of internal communications best practices
- Creative thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with assigned business unit executives and their teams to understand strategic objectives and develop appropriate communication strategies and materials
- Develop comms plans for internal initiatives; contribute to the development of the overall comms strategy for assigned area(s), in collaboration with executive leaders and direct supervisor
- Design, draft and produce a variety of communications and creative materials, including internal announcements, video scripts, executive talking points, newsletters, banners, signage, presentations, invitations and other related projects—all in a high-quality and timely manner.
- Draft and publish content on relevant channels including the corporate intranet site; support internal social media campaigns by creating strong visual content
- Develop key messages, including the organization's business objectives, values, mission and priorities, and ensure communications materials effectively capture them
- Plan and execute events such as Town Hall meetings, Kickoffs and other internal communications events (e.g. scheduling of preparation meetings, event photographer, presentation support, A/V coordination, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with business unit/functional area and other communications staff in the completion of projects from initial concept to distribution / posting
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Ensure the consistency and quality of the WK brand style across all communications materials
- Track and report metrics to ensure the usage and effectiveness of communications channels
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.