Myticas's direct client based out of North Chicago, IL is currently seeking a Python Django Developer with Lab Exp for a 100% remote contract position.
We are looking for an experienced Python Django Developer with Lab Exp to join an agile software development team working on this web-based application. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of the Django framework, as well as supporting liparies. It is important for the candidate to a science background or lab experience as we are looking for an inpidual who can understand the research workflow and key requirements. Strong verbal and written communication skills are also required.
Key responsibilities include understanding scientific business requirements and implementing them either independently, or with a team, into the application. Additional responsibilities include supporting the application, designing new function/modules, integrating the application with other systems via APIs, and performing code refactoring to improve performance/supportability.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Background in life sciences is ideal but any science research or lab experience can be considered
- 3+ years’ experience developing python web applications using Django framework and packages
- College science courses in science (i.e. Chemistry Biology, Engineering), or experience with lab work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of async backend process (such as job scheduler, data parser) and API for integration.
- Working experience with the unit testing and code refactoring are ideal
- Knowledge of agile software development paradigms and object-oriented programming
- Working experience with version control, Git, Docker, linux desired
- Dedicated team player who can interface with stakeholders from a variety of internal IT disciplines (DBAs, architects, software developers, etc.) and internal scientists (biologists, chemists, manufacturing, operations, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and ability to multi-task and meet timelines
- A self-motivated learner and thinker with a hands-on approach
Candidates must be able to validate the following below in order to be considered:
- 2+ years of Python Django framework
- Basic science background or lab experience
- Good verbal and written communication skill