Myticas Consulting is currently seeking an experienced SSIS Developer/Business intelligence (BI) Engineer to join our client's growing team.
The SSIS Developer/ BI Engineer will be responsible for design, development, and implemention of data integration solutions that support the organization's data needs.
The ideal candidate should have experience in BI development ( Power BI, SSAS and SSRS ), maintenance of visualizations, ETL processes ( SSIS ), and data pipelines and a strong understanding of database systems.
The ideal candidate will be very proficient in SSIS, SQL, PowerBI and also be able to share knowledge and experiences with other leaders and peers in the Data Warehouse team.
Ideally we'd prefer someone having experience working with cloud-based data warehousing platforms, such as AWS Redshift and Python.
In addition to technical qualifications, the successful candidate will possess excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as well as ability to effectively communicate with the business, understand requirements and drive the projects thru finish line.
Typical Days on the job may include the following:
- Collaboration with data analysts, data architects and business stakeholders to understand data requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Design and development of visualizations to address business-specific pain points.
- Design, development, testing, and implementing data integration solutions using ETL tools and techniques
- Analyzing data to identify root causes and solutions to business challenges.
- Monitoring and maintaining the end-to-end data platform to ensure optimal performance and data accuracy.
- Participation in code reviews, testing, and deployment of ETL 's and Reports.
- Leading Junior ETL and BI Developers during complex projects.
- Bachelor's degree (ie…Computer Science, Information Systems or relatitve field
- 5+ years of experience in ETL development
- Strong experience with SSIS, SQL and Power BI.
- Strong communication skills are critical for success in this role for frequent interactions with the business teams and demanding a grasp of business discussions along with the ability to effectively convey concepts in return.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in SQL and database technologies, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Understanding of data modeling, data integration, and data warehousing concepts.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and data-modeling concepts.
- Agile methodology knowledge
- AWS Redshift knowledge and experience is a plus, i.e…data population and transformation best-practices, orchestration, security & data governance
- A big plus+ is proficiency in programming languages such as Python, SQL, or Java.