The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced QA Engineer who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Chicago, Illinois region.
Looking for W2 candidates only.
- Project Support, Designs, develops, implements and maintains automated and manual test plans to address areas such as load testing, functional testing, unit testing, regression testing, negative testing, integration testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Participates in designing, coding, unit testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting of systems
- Provides accurate work estimates based on requirements and acceptance criteria
- Provides assistance to the team leads/managers during progress meetings to ensure the team is working efficiently and is effective in getting the items completed during the sprint.
- Participates in code or script review sessions.
- Adheres to technical standards and participates in setting standards and recommends changes Delivery
- Ensures that the quality of software developed, maintained and enhanced in-house and installed into production is sufficient to prevent the occurrence of catastrophic defects that cause the customer significant problems, missed deadlines, or interruption to the production environment
- Communicates, presents and interprets technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Communicates to stakeholders regularly on progress of work products, deliverables, and overall project status Quality Assurance Innovation
- Researches and discovers the newest tools, technologies, and processes that will drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Provides input in development of framework to automate functional testing
- Identifies areas for improved testing efficiencies, test automation and implementation of automated test solutions
- Helps in evaluation of test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, dynamic data collection methodologies, coding standards, components and object repository methods, etc.)
- Designs and implements an automated regression test infrastructure that will support comprehensive testing (establish and maintain physical and/or virtual test automation labs for effective execution)
- Experience with other testing tools like SoapUI and JMeter is preferred
- Knowledge of Spring, MVC, Java Script, Ajax is preferred
- Experience with Jenkins/Hudson and GIT is preferred
- Experience with SQL is required; Creating objects and stored procedures is a plus
- Experience developing test frameworks and test cases using open source test frameworks is preferred
- Experience in writing Shell, JavaScirpt and Batch scripts to automate/development tools is a plus
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field from a competitive school
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Demonstrates independent thinking and decision-making abilities
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with Agile Development is a must
- Experience with Functional/Regression, Smoke Testing, Performance Testing, and UAT is required.
- Strong programming skills with object-oriented language is required
- Experience with unit testing framework required
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber is required
- Strong experience with SQL is required
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.