The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a Senior Lab Engineer who would be interested in a permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
As the Principle and Lead Engineer for this lab, you will have the authority to manage, organize, and drive innovation and efficiencies in daily lab operations.
This lab is primarily targeted to support Deployment, Customer Trials and Training venues.
- Supports the various Engineering Teams in support of specific topology rebuilds, hardware changes in the lab
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes and services.
- Supports in the design of a test or simulation request based on present hardware availability within the lab
- Managing Lab Network changes from Public IP request configurations, troubleshooting outages, adding new services to dealing with I.T.
- Often leads functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk and complexity, handles day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work
- Maintain local team servers (ie, DHCP, PXE, etc) and Local Infrastructure (ie, Routers, Hubs, Switches, etc)
- Providing oversight and assistance to local technicians and coops on technical issues they cannot resolve within the lab
- Maintains Test Equipment and Assorted licenses
- Organizes and help with facilitating infrastructure change as lab evolution occurs. (HVAC, AC/DC Power, Timing)
- Creates & Manages PAR creation and 3d party quote management processes for all lab requirements
- Network Management of IP and WAN networks (includes HP-OV, SNMP, and CLI knowledge).
- Knowledge of IP Networking: Security Settings, QoS, Routing Protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, etc.
- Knowledge of Virtualization (compute, storage, network) e.g. VMWare, KVM…
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing Engineering, concepts, service models (IaaS, PaaS, etc), deployment models, practical implementations, operations, security and future trends
- Experience working with Cloud Management Systems: OpenStack, Cloudstack, VMware, etc.
- Software development experience is an asset, especially Internet based applications using XML, HTTP/TLS, JSON.
- Linux/Unix operating systems installing servers, creating users, groups, and permissions
- Windows Servers, installing DNS and Active Directory, and creating Group Policies
- Familiar with networking tools, ie. TFTP, FTP and Wireshark
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience with a telecommunications equipment vendor or service provider
- Hands-on experience and strong background in Bridging and Routing technologies
- Background and experience in IP routing protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF and RIP
- Understanding of QoS models and marking
- Strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.