The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Maricopa, Arizona region.
the candidate will develop and follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving complex infrastructure problems as well as develop and promote standard operating procedures and policies.
- Identify and install system software purchases in accordance with Company policy.
- Administer and maintain Windows operating systems.
- Monitor and perform data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platform.
- Provides Tier 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues
- Assist in the development of project plans for all system software upgrades
- Maintain and manage strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
- Ensures that assets are maintained, inventoried and/or disposed of properly
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing high level, hands-on technical support of infrastructure software platforms
- Experienced managing Active Directory/Domain Controller configurations, GPO management, DNS management, DHCP setup and troubleshooting, and ADFS and AAD configuration, and management.
- Experienced moving an environment to Terraform and Ansible would be a plus
- Certifications for VMware, Azure, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, ITIL, and/or project management.
- Working knowledge of providing system support for at least one other technical platform (operating system or middleware service).
- Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
- Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments and tasks to completion with minimal supervision. Taking initiative and volunteering when capacity exists is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills.
- Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in all currently supported technology standards
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals