The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for experienced IT Support Specialists who would be interested in full-time permanent opportunities offered within the Portland, OR, Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ, and Detroit, MI regions.
The candidate will provide courteous and expert technical support to all team members in all locations via a ticketing system, remote access, desk-side support, phone calls, emails, self-service and walk-ups. The position will require multitasking among several duties including but not limited to installation, troubleshooting, and resolving technology issues on various hardware and software, Windows 10 and MAC operating systems, Server Operating Systems, VPN, Active Directory, Firewalls, Network Devices, prioritizing support requests and performing ticket documentation. Works collaboratively with other members of the IT team and managed service providers to ensure tickets are being resolved and closed within service level agreement.
- Provide superior quality and service to all tech users. Responding promptly and courteously.
- Prioritize requests.
- Identify the most direct solutions to technical issues.
- Provide expert help desk level 2/3 support (both remote and on-site) for all hardware, software, and ancillary office equipment including video conferencing equipment, wireless connectivity, firewalls, network devices, VPN, phone systems, printers, scanners and multi-function devices.
- Mid-level technical support on network issues: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and modify computer, and network system software.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance and support for Microsoft Office 2016 including Outlook e-mail.
- Document all support activities in JIRA ticket-tracking system.
- Assist with inventory management for technology assets.
- Image workstations and assist in installation of PC hardware and software applications.
- Deployment and migration of computers.
- Strong customer-service skills including verbal and written communications; customer-focused with ability to effectively communicate with management, co-workers and customers.
- Superior time management skills including sense of urgency and proactive approach.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and accountable.
- Azure AD experience is a plus
- SSO integration is a plus
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Demonstrated bility to work independently and in a team environment.
- At least six years of relevant technology experience working in Active Directory environments.
- Strong computer aptitude and understanding of IT concepts, operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems.
- Strong PC and software product skills (Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems, Microsoft Outlook/Office 2016 etc…)
Experience working in an on-call environment.
Server troubleshooting experience (Windows 2008 R2, 2012 & 2016)
Experience managing and deploying network devices (switches, firewalls and access points)
- Self-motivated to research resolutions to technical issues independently and with limited guidance
- Drive to research and learn new technologies.
Professional Background / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree or related experience required.
- CompTIA A+ certification a plus
- 6+ years of experience in a Help Desk, System Admin, or Desktop Support role
- Strong Knowledge of Active Directory administration
- Familiarity with Office 365 and Exchange Online administration
- Familiarity with Google Suite administration
- Full time office hours of 8:00am – 5:30pm.
- Available for some on-call coverage during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 40 pounds