Website Myticas Consulting
The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Network Engineer who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Chicago, IL region.
The IP Network Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including network element configuration, network implementation, migration planning and execution, proof of concept testing, customer acceptance testing, and customer training delivery. A large portion of the work is on-site with telecommunication customers during critical project phases.
- Provision IP/MPLS service routers from completed IP network designs.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services.
- Test and Support networks in various stages of network field deployment.
- Audit and assess customer networks.
- Upgrade customer networks to new releases of software and hardware.
- Produce and review technical design documentation.
- Produce and review technical project plans.
- Provide appropriate training and assistance to partners and customers.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for deployments of new products and features.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical management and teams.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key product lines.
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. Alcatel-Lucent Service Routing Certification (3RP/SRA) Cisco Certification (CCIP/CCIE) and/or Juniper Certification (JNCIP/JNCIE), or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 10 years relevant work experience with a telecommunications equipment vendor or service provider.
- Expert Level Knowledge in IP routing protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF and RIP and of signaling protocols such as RSVP-TE and LDP.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet VLL, VPLS and QOS standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet switching technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of ATM, SDH/SONET, Frame Relay, Packet over SDH/SONET, WDM, wireless technologies, Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines), Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and L2 Traffic Management.
- Experience in Network Management, Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Fluency in English is required. Excellent interpersonal skills required.