Website Myticas Consulting
The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Optical Packaging Engineer who would be interested in a full-time permanent opportunity offered within the New York, NY region.
We are searching for a highly skilled Optical Packaging Engineer with particularly strong expertise in optical design, tolerancing, thermal and stress analysis. The Optical Packaging Engineer will develop module packaging and assembly processes, in close collaboration with photonics design, PCB/module design teams, and manufacturing.
- The ideal candidate for this role is self-directed and independent, driven to solve problems, and inclined to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Prepare and perform optical design simulation, tolerance analysis and characterization.
- Perform thermal and stress analyses of subassembly and module designs.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary colleagues on the development of optical alignment processes and performance testing procedures.
- Collaborate with the photonics design team to optimize performance, reliability and manufacturability, within constraints.
- Oversee the development and qualification of packaging materials and conduct testing to ensure projected performance and reliability are met.
- Engage with both internal and external manufactures to support new product designs.
- Design and experiment for packaging reliability and perform Failure Mode Engineering Analysis (FMEA).
- Document the fabrication, inspection, and assembly processes.
- Master’s degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Material Science or related fields. Equivalent industry experience is also applicable.
- At least 5 years industry experience with optical systems packaging, including thermal and stress simulation coupled with a deep understanding of thermal and stress issues and solutions.
- Able to interact with engineering staff, external vendors and contractors effectively, in order to ensure project success.
- Proven track record of package and process design and development, from design to production.
- Experience with optical epoxies, non-hermetic packaging, and high-volume packaging.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with integrated optics and flip chip assembly.
- Experience with high-speed electronics package design and/or laser package design.
- Experience with design for manufacturing, 2.5D/3D packaging, and TSVs.
- Experience in optical design simulation and tolerance analysis using Zemax, Rsoft, FDTD and/or Matlab.