Website Myticas Consulting
The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Python Developer who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Darien, IL region.
The contractor will be a full member of the team. They have been developing a workflow toolkit for several years and need help continuing to interface it with schedulers on additional systems. A significant part of this effort will include managing job control across multiple sites via secure, web-accessible programming interfaces, and also permitting users to monitor their workflows and results via the API and graphic-rich web interfaces.
Work Location: Due to COVID-19, this position will be work-from-home (WFH) initially. Once COVID restrictions have been lifted, the contractor may work at the lab full time, or if they prefer, they may still have significant WFH time with occasional on-site meetings.
- Previous Python development experience on large code bases
- Experience with Python event and database frameworks
- High performance computing experience
- Some background with batch scheduling
- Experience with HPC workflows: software development, stacks, solve/runs, schedulers and integrations.
- Experience with web API frameworks such as Django REST framework
- Experience with Python plotting libraries such as matplotlib
- Source code control, particularly Git experience: issue tracking, labeling, reporting, prioritization, merging, and diffing
- Testing: Unit tests and larger-scale functional tests embedded in a CI environment
- Experience with scientific applications
- CI/CD workflows: Git, Gitlab, pipeline/control scripts
- CI/CD pipelines, HPC container technologies