Website Myticas Consulting
The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Lab IP Resident Engineer who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Richardson, TX region.
The candidate will be required to provide subject matter expertise in 7750 Service Routers, 7705 Service Access Routers, SDN/Virtualization concepts, NSP and a part of the Customer Maintenance Engineering Resident Engineering team.
This position is a Lab position within the customer Lab. Resource will be responsible to support testing activities of the Routers and Security Gateway within a multi-vendor test environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong Lab and Testing Skills
- Strong Network Design Skills
- Strong feature integration design
- Solution Documentation & Step-by-Step Method of Procedure writing Skills
- Test planning in a Lab environment for deployment into customers’ Network
- Problem solving analysis
- Excellent Verbal and Inter-Personal skills
- Strong Routing Experience IP MPLS, OSPF, etc
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Service Provisioning:
- Service level Configuration activities
- Feature level Configuration activities
- Global parameters, parameter tuning, growing in new interfaces, etc.;
- Software upgrades/patches within the current major release as needed;
- Event detection and isolation;
- Fault resolution;
- Routine diagnostics and corrective action management;
- Understanding of the Network Architecture of the customer Ethernet Backhaul and the traffic flow, call flow and routing Architecture of the same.
- Work with larger customer teams on configurations and interactions for end to end feature requirements. Training and Knowledge Transfer to Customer engineers:
- Network knowledge on 7750, 7705, SeGW, NSP (formerly 5620 SAM);
- Provide feature & release integration Method of Procedures and test plans based on feature & release descriptions. Process Improvements
- Participate in customer (internal-external) project meetings and report to senior management about the status of the projects.
- Act as principle interface between the customer, the project team, and any internal/external partners participating in the project.
- The resident engineer works closely inside the team of the Resident Engineers with very strong interaction with account team and customer experts.
- The resident engineer works also closely with R&D for issues investigations.
- Ensure reported problems are recorded and handled with the correct priority within the organization.