The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced IT/IS Business Analyst who would be interested in a remote contract opportunity offered within the Ontario region.
Security Clearance Required: Enhanced Reliability.
The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed.
- Strong abilities to perform business analysis, translating requirements into functional specifications that can help drive specification for developers and/or testers as needed. Need to be an all-rounder, but emphasis for this role is especially on business systems analysis.
- Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman
- Completely understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories (Required)
- Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or any other RDBMS
- Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (PMP), TOGAF certification (Asset)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst role (Required)
- 2-3 years of experience in writing detailed functional specifications for a variety of applications, User Interfaces, Integrations, ETL components (Required)
- Strong communication skills (Required)
- Agile/ Scrum experience (Required)
- MS Office, MS Visio proficiency (Required)
- Cloud, AWS experience (Asset)
- Basic SQL query writing experience (Asset)
- Soap UI experience (Asset)
- Knowledge of change management and project management principles (Asset)