The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Layer 2 Software Developer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ontario region.
- Work with team management and other development and test groups to develop an implementation plan and design for the 5G L2 software
- Work with network core, CU and RU teams to define interfaces and functional splits. Define and architect solutions allowing for scalability of Layer 2, CU & DU solutions for various RAN deployments
- Work with management to drive an Agile culture and environment
- Capture agreements in a design document that will drive the implementation of the DU & other L2 SW
- Hold reviews to get closure in order to finalize the DU design document & other L2 design docs.
- Work with management to establish implementation assignments for SW developers
- Implement functional areas of the DU & L2, per the implementation plan
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented DU & L2 functionality
- Mentor less experienced DU & L2 developers ???
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development team; DU & 4G/5G Layer 2 development experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in 4G and 5G layer 2 protocols and standards
- Knowledge of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- Working experience of 4G/5G Layer-2 software design with emphasis on RLC, MAC, L2 scheduler and L1/L2 interfaces
- Be an organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
- C/C++ Programming Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience