Myticas Consulting is currently seeking an AWS Cloud Platform Engineer/Developer for a contract position with our direct client based in Chicago, IL (100% REMOTE).
NOTE: Open for W2 candidates only!
The Platform Owner – Cloud is responsible for the day-to-day management of cloud platform activities including planning, budgeting, design, delivery, operational, and prioritization of platform features to support business needs. The Platform Owner- Cloud is expected to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge of the platform(s) being managed and the ability to prioritize cloud platform technical features that provide the most value to product teams using the platform. The Platform Owner – Cloud advocates for business needs by applying a deep understanding of the platforms processes, goals, and problems and partners with product managers and System IT technology providers involved in in the delivery of capabilities. This position does not have direct reports, and reports to the Platform Manager- Cloud.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Platform Lifecycle o Manages the delivery of platform value through collaborations with cross-functional teams
- Owns and manages platform requirements and features from concept through delivery
- Owns and manages the platform backlog to ensure user stories are appropriately defined, prioritized, ‘ready’ for development, and accepted as ‘done’ o Manages cross-functional dependencies and adjusts schedule, priorities, and releases as appropriate
- Manages platform related problems, makes decisions, completes trade-off analysis and manages scope to ensure delivery of desired business outcomes.
- Operational Excellence o Manages platform related problems, makes decisions, completes trade-off analysis and manages scope to ensure delivery of desired business outcomes
- Prioritize defect / bug resolution and manages the backlog to address platform quality issues o Tracks, reports, and communicates platform metrics, issues and status updates to Platform Manager and various levels of customers, stakeholders, and partners
- Tracks and manages development, Operational, and Security Assurance activities (FedRamp/SAFR) for the platform o Reviews and approves the platform design and operational documentation updates and publication
- Partners with platform team to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria and ensuring final accepted platform offerings and services are of the highest quality. Ensures the ‘what’ is needed, based on business needs, is defined so that the teams can determine ‘how’ to deliver it.
- This hands-on Platform Owner – Cloud will require a wide variety of capabilities and strengths which include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience
- Seven or more years of relevant work experience
- Two or more years of technical work experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a product owner or project/program manager
- Hands on experience working as a Product Owner or Product Manager building and delivering highly-scalable, highly-available, cloud (SaaS, IaaS, and/or PaaS) services and solutions in Amazon Web Services
- Strong experience with product management in a highly technical environment with the ability to learn new technologies in the cloud and container space. Comfortable with complex and dynamic technical environments
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Agile/SAFe framework.
Preferred Qualifications/Experience: (Nice to have, not mandatory)
- Holds a certification that demonstrates technical knowledge with Amazon Web Services (AWS) (e.g. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or comparable) preferred
- Product Owner Certification (e.g CSPO, PSPO, SAFe PO/PM, etc.) preferred
- Advanced understanding of technology delivery and platform management
- Strong understanding of agile life cycle methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage projects and time
- Strong Critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and be a great active listener
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skill
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Proficient to expert with agile tools such as Jira, SAFe agile processes, and writing/defining features and stories as well as ability to ensure the team is working on stories and epics that support the platform vision and delivering business value
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery models