Website Myticas Consulting
We seek a seasoned Senior Scrum Master who can help lead, mentor, coach, and support software development teams focused on building high-quality next generation education solutions software. As Senior Specialist, Scrum (a.k.a. Senior Scrum Master) you will use leadership, communication, technical, and organization skills to effectively coach the scrum team on Agile best practices, remove impediments, enhance collaboration, and ensure the delivery of high-quality working software. You will lead the scrum teams and work with the product Owner to prepare for PI (Program Increment) Planning events. The ideal individual has a positive attitude, can hit the ground running, is experienced in Agile transformations, has superb leadership and communication skills, has strong technical aptitude, and is detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and 10+ total years of IT experience. A combination of education and experience, including military service will also be considered.
- 5-8+ years of Agile delivery experience and/or recent hands-on experience as a Scrum Master.
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or other equivalent certifications (PMI ACP, etc.).
- SAFe certification and proficient working in a SAFe environment.
- Highly self-motivated with a passion for leading Scrum teams to continually improve quality and delivery.
- Proven experience with:
- Leveraging Scrum principles and proficiency with Agile/scrum development methodology.
- In a Scrum Master role for multiple teams and/or experience leading a team or on enterprise-wide projects with complex technical components.
- Successfully leading software development teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) as a Scrum Master, coupled with strong leadership skills.
- Building relationships with stakeholders and managing scrum deliverables.
- Successfully implementing process improvements to the scrum team.
- Coaching product teams to author User Stories that meet the “Definition of Ready” criterion.
- Working with the Product team to ensure Product Backlog health.
- Implementing SAFe and leading PI Planning events.
- Hands-on exposure and knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle with demonstratable knowledge of the software the individual has supported.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work both independently and on a team.
- Facilitate problem solving, and resolution.
- Coach/mentor junior team members
- Lead organizational change to a SAFe model.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong conflict resolution, time management, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, and personable demeanor.
- Demonstrates the Clearinghouse’s core competencies: customer focus, optimizes work processes, communicates effectively, collaborates, and is open and authentic.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other collaboration tools.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (CSP, PSM II).
- SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification and experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful techniques that facilitate Agile like: TDD, CICD pipeline, Pair Programming, Mobbing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies.