Senior Business Architect
Location: Ottawa Remote to Start
Clearance: Enhanced Reliability.
What role you will play?
As a Business Architect you will play a key role to transform the business by working with senior management in both business and IT to develop an integrated view of the enterprise that aligns planning and investments with business strategy, and that improves business efficiency by identifying change opportunities. This role also focuses on future state capabilities and translates how strategy will be operationalized and articulates various aspects of the business and their relationships to each other. To facilitate common understanding across teams, this Business Architect will be responsible for building and maintaining comprehensive business architecture models demonstrating how products, business operations and systems interoperate with the organization.
For this position, we are looking to hire a person who is very structured, analytical and thrives on delivering results, and who can work well with all Stakeholders.
What will you be responsible for? (Apart from innovating)
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute fully as a hands-on Business Architect and be able to leverage your knowledge in defining and helping to bridge the gap between business and technology
- Evaluate the impact of key investments on the business capabilities of the organization through key views that describe the organization
- Steward business ideas and investments through the planning phases of the idea and evaluate the strategic importance, priority and impact of the investment
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise from the perspectives of the customer, shipper and business management.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, shippers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Capture the relationships among value streams, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
What skills you need for this role to be yours?
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, ability to influence
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build relationships as well as managing and resolving conflict
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- 7+ years Agile IT experience
- Strategy, Roadmap, and Planning skills
Additional Skills that set you apart?
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Digital enterprise transformation
- Business knowledge and experience in Supply Chain, Mobile, Martech, and Cloud technologies
- Has practiced Customer-centric design frameworks such as Design Thinking, Design Sprints, Journey Mapping
- Academic: university degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience or combination thereof (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA)(Asset)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (PMP), TOGAF certification (Asset)