Website Myticas Consulting
Systems Support Engineer
Come join our growing support team! Our client is coming off of their two best years of all time and now is a great time to come along for the ride.
The Systems Support Engineer is focused on both reactive customer support through ownership of customer tickets created in our incident tracking system, as well as using systems administration tools and knowledge of customer environments to provide proactive services for our customers and meet their SLA with high Customer satisfaction.
- Manage a queue of incidents and requests related to compute platforms (virtualization, servers, storage, backup and operating systems)
- Use remote access tools to access systems at customer sites
- Respond to incidents of varying priority and difficulty initiated by customers
- Respond to alerts of varying priority and difficulty generated by monitoring systems
- Fulfill simple to moderate requests and changes
- Participate in a 1-week on-call rotation once every 6-8 weeks
- Occasional work outside of business hours as required by customer
- Occasional local on-site work as required by customers
- Monitor and interact with third party vendors to ensure seamless delivery of complex services to customers
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Create a sense of camaraderie within the team
- 3-5 years’ experience with server and virtual environment design, configuration, and/or maintenance activities.
- Strong virtualization, storage, and server performance troubleshooting skills are required.
- Experience in VMware technologies.
- Experience in Hyper-V, OVM, Red Hat, or other virtualization technologies a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server technologies
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and Sharepoint
- O365 experience a plus
- Storage and SAN experience. EMC, NetApp, or Nimble storage experience preferred. Experience with iSCSI and Fiber Channel networking a plus
- Experience with data backup technologies required
- Experience deploying and managing anti-virus platforms
- Experience deploying patches in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Fundamental understanding of network routing, switching, and firewalls required
- Experience implementing and/or executing on Disaster Recovery solutions desirable
- Good communication and customer facing skills
- Experience self-managing a ticket queue, working on multiple issues at once, while providing regular updates to customers and co-workers
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Team-oriented helpful attitude; willingness to teach and learn from others
- A strong focus on attention to detail and excellence of delivery
- Willingness to learn complimentary technologies and further professional development
- Ability to follow documented procedures, ensuring compliance with customer requirements and change control procedures
- Strong documentation skills, knowledge of Visio, and ability to create diagrams and documentation to drive efficiency of operations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet customer SLA requirements
- Meet productivity requirements (mean time to close)
- Meet customer satisfaction requirements (95% or above)
- Timely escalation of issues to supervisor
- Maintain certifications and professional development plan