Myticas Consulting is currently seeking a Python Backend Web Developer for a contract position with our direct client based in Worcester, MA or Can work on 100% Remote.
Location: 100% Remote (Client Based in Worcester, MA)
Top 3-5 Required Skill Sets:
Requires a bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related area and 3 – 5 years of professional software development experience or a Master’s degree and 3 years of professional experience. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
1. Web Application development experience using Python and an underlying relational database (e.g. Postgres, Oracle)
2. Experienced developing web service APIs using a backend framework e.g. REST services, GraphQL Experience preferred
3. Ability to creatively solve new problems and work with incomplete and/or shifting requirements
4. Ability to prioritize tasks on their own and quickly deliver results
5. Experience working with CI/CD (Docker, Jenkins)
Nice to have:
Previous work on scientific informatics systems (e.g. LIMS systems), prior work experience in lab automation, prior work in pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of scientific laboratory workflows
We are looking for an exceptional Back End or Full Stack Developer that would like to contribute to our mission and join a team of software engineers building a novel web-based platform to streamline and strengthen the therapeutic discovery pipeline. This position offers the opportunity to work with a cross functional team of talented informatics scientists and software engineers. Our team is tasked with shaping and executing scientific data/knowledge acquisition, management and analysis in the support of discovery and development programs.
The ideal candidate will be a technological jack of all trades who is intellectually curious, highly collaborative and self-motivated. Experience working within an agile software development group, adept at learning new technologies in a rapidly evolving platform, ability to intelligently prioritize tasks, understand high level instructions and make decisions on incomplete information is a must. The candidate must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to quickly deliver upon project timelines. Exposure to a relevant scientific computing domain such as bioinformatics helpful, but not required. A successful candidate will be someone who seeks to accelerate drug development using innovative informatics approaches and gains ultimate satisfaction in making a difference in patients’ lives.
– Team-based mentality and work ethic
– Readily adapts to quickly changing requirements
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Understand high level directions to design, create, and deliver on time
– Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
– Experience working Agile software development paradigms
– 5 years of backend development experience and at least 3 years of experience with Python
– 3 years of experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. Postgres, Oracle) and interacting with data layers using ORMs
– Experienced developing and working with APIs and Web Services
– Experienced with Docker and Jenkins