The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Embedded Systems Developer who would be interested in a full-time permanent opportunity offered within the Seattle, WA region.
- Participate in design, development and delivery of software for new terminals
- Develop new features within Inmarsat’s airborne terminals
- Hands-on development of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
- Participate and contribute to design reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications and requirements,
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning, execution, and handover
- Work in a small distributed team in an Agile Linux / Open Source development environment
- Review existing software and infrastructure to identify areas for improvement, added scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 4 years of experience with embedded software development
- Languages: C, Python
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong debugging skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with aircraft software
- Experience working in a certified software environment
- Experience working on satellite terminals or cellular modems
- Knowledge of ARINC 791 / 792
- Knowledge of OpenAMIP / OpenBMIP
- University degree level or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related technical discipline. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience writing shell scripting
- Good systems security understanding
- Organizational and communication skills