Senior DevOps Consultant | Contract
Location: Ottawa Preferred, Remote Acceptable (Eastern Time Zone)
Contract: 12 Months + 12 Month Renewal
As a 5G Senior DevOps Consultant you will be a key member of a new, built from the ground up Ottawa-based R&D team. The team works as part of our global 5G R&D organization designing, developing, and implementing a technology new to the organization for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators, and helping our customers exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will be experienced in crafting direction and establishing DevOps practices for delivery of large scale R&D projects.
- Participate as a key member of our agile team, using best practices for tools, workflows, and devOps automation
- Mentor where needed, other devOps team members helping them to contribute their best work.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to achieve the highest possible level of devOps capability.
- Experience in a large-scale R&D team performing devOps activities such as tools selection, pipeline construction, and automation.
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter with a team-focused mentality.
- An AGILE practitioner who is organized, team focused, goal oriented, with demonstrable critical thinking and solid communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to technical and non tech audiences.
- 8+ years of career experience in devOps or combination of relevant education and work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Gitlab, or Github , CircleCI, Jenkins, Concourse, Spinnaker
- Design and monitoring of deployed environments, automated test results and builds using dashboards such as Grafana/Prometheus, ELK stack
- Experience in containers/container orchestration platforms like Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Solid scripting experience in Bash /Python /Perl /Groovy
- Virtualized Network Functions (VNF/NFV) knowledge & cloud technologies
- LTE architecture knowledge, DPDK knowledge , networking
- Knowledge of automation frameworks such as Robot, pytest and configuration management using Ansible, Puppet
- Microservices architecture experience
- Linux system administrator experience and knowledge about advanced Linux topics e.g kernel modules/tweaking
- Experience with REST API’s and familiarity with JSON, YAML formats
- Setup and maintenance of artifact repository management tools like Artifactory, Nexus
- Experience with static code analysis tools like CodeSonar, Sonarqube, Coverity, Klocwork
- Familiar with infrastructure as code; Terraform.