The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Application Software Developer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Are comfortable with agile development and work iteratively.
- Are passionate about software quality and the best practices used to create it.
- Work well in a team environment, teach and learn from their teammates.
- Have a proven track record of taking ownership of features (and possibly products) and seeing initiatives through.
- Have a desire and ability to learn in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
You’ll need to have experience:
- Building and deploying microservices with RESTful APIs.
- Building event-driven applications in a Pub/Sub architecture.
- Working with relational databases, JDBC, JPA and SQL.
- Working with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Delivering well tested user-focused software in a continuous integration environment.
It would be amazing if you have experience in:
- Working in the telecommunications domain, shipping products to Tier-1 Carrier customers
- Java 8 programming including the Stream API, concurrency API and lambda expressions.
- Reactive programming using Reactor, RxJava or Akka Streams.
- Functional programming in Java, Scala or Spark.
- Any form of UI development, or UX requirements development/management.
- Apache Kafka or any Pub/Sub platforms.
- Building ETL or streaming applications.
- Deploying, running and troubleshooting cloud-native applications in containers e.g. Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos.
- Working with TDD/BDD/DDD.
- Experience in Optical Networking (DWDM, OTN).
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.