The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Automation Infrastructure Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing/building automation for deployment of cloud data centers and applications running on cloud data centers
- Understanding, defining, building and delivering tools to automate the delivery of our portfolio solutions, including the design, implementation, and deployment of configuration & test automation tools
- Presenting the automation tool methodology and tool demos to internal and external audiences
- Design, develop and test an automation framework for the deployment, upgrade, configuration and monitoring of software-defined networking products.
- Provide support t engineers and customers in the field that are deploying solutions into labs, PoCs, and production. Deploy and support our development continuous integration (CI) infrastructure.
- Develop object-oriented software using modern languages such as Java, Python and C++. Develop dynamic automated deployment software.
- Handle customer escalations and implement fixes for customer problems in the areas of networking and cloud infrastructure.
- Integrate software systems with public cloud compute and storage, e.g. AWS.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Four-year degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software design/development and testing experience, preferably using Agile methodologies
- Hands on experience in developing object-oriented, modular software using high level languages such as Java, Python.
- Hands on experience with Version control tools such as Git
- Using REST interfaces to develop automation tools
- Designing and developing systems based on telecom standards
- 2+ year experience with cloud technologies such as OpenStack and using/building tools for cloud
- Strong understanding of networking and protocol concepts (IP routing, optical networks, cloud SDN)
- Able to make decisions and solve problems independently, based on agreed strategic goals and objectives
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, investigating/reproducing issues and driving them to timely resolution in aa Agile environment working with peers in different sites
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience in interfacing directly with end customers (internal & external) to refine requirements, demonstrate prototypes, deploy and support release software
- Advanced Python knowledge, building python packages for distribution
- Advanced knowledge of hypervisor technology, KVM- or VMware-based virtualization
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems like Openshift/Kubernetes
- Experience with automation/configuration management, knowledge of configuration management tools, like Puppet, Chef, etc; (preference for Ansible)
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.