The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Business Systems Analyst who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Candidates within this role must have or be eligible to obtain an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance.
Reporting to the Business Domain Architect (“BDA”), the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting products and services within the Online Tools team. The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed.
The role troubleshoots and solves issues, evaluates value of user change requests and assists in monitoring, measuring, and enhancing the service. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels.
Major responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Performs a set of tasks and facilitation techniques used to work as a partner among stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to meet its goals.
- In partnership with the Solution Architect, performs enterprise analysis prior to pursuing business-specific solutions.
- Creates visual models, elicits, & documents requirements.
- Provides second level application services support to internal business users.
- Performs in-depth research and identify sources of production issues.
- Investigates and documents root cause analysis of issues.
- Focused on Work closely with business and technology partners in identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Build and foster relationships across multiple workgroups and scrum teams.
- Provides impact analysis of process and technical change requests to existing service.
- Analyzes the impact of Information Technology environment changes and upgrades on the application services and coordinates testing and change management.
- Analyzes trends in application support tickets and executes problem management practices to eliminate recurring incidents.
- Assists in the development and execution of test plans, and documents results as necessary.
- Maintains system documentation.
Skills and competencies:
- Client Management: Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables.
- 3 or more years Business analysis and software support.
- Excellent problem solving, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- 3 or more years Service integration Services and front end experience design skills, BPM modelling.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
Nice to have:
- 3 or more years of Digital applications experience, Design thinking, Backlog management.
- Value management: can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies.
- Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.