The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Contract and Vendor Manager who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Candidates within this role must be eligible to obtain an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance.
Overall responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Accountable for the governance of the Request for Services process with vendors, including the RRR, RFI, RFP and Approvals function.
- Lead the development of the detailed business content in the contract when changes are required or new services are added to an agreement, facilitating and coordinating input from technical subject matter experts and service leaders as required.
- Analysis and assessment of contract provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
- Accountable for contract governance structures and deliverables, ensuring the effectiveness of related processes.
- Subject matter expert and strategic advisor on the contract for internal teams and business units.
- Oversee the resolution of contract issues and disputes with the vendor to reach a fair and equitable outcome.
- Owner of Interaction with internal and vendor resources to ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
- Establishment of an internal framework to facilitate effective contractual change, issue and risk management.
- Accountable for the contractual service level agreement (SLA) performance measurement and reporting, involving subject matter experts and service leaders to ensure consistent and accurate SLA measurement.
- Ensures SLA performance penalties are agreed to with the vendor and paid promptly. Decision maker for resolving SLA related disputes with the vendor and advising service leaders and executives if escalations are required.
- Evaluation and communication of program or project issues affecting compliance and/or adherence to strategy.
- Management of contract documentation.
- Facilitation of negotiations, dispute resolutions and associated contractual changes and amendments.
- Participating in steering committees, executive briefings, risk reviews, escalations and change control.
- Concise communication of contract status (milestone achievements, risks, issues, disputes, penalties, etc.) to internal teams from C-Suite to project level.
- Working closely with legal counsel as required.
- Respond to audit requests from internal and external auditors.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional Certification in Contract Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Contract Manager on telecommunications contracts within the last 10 years, on contracts with a total contract value greater than $20M.
- Contract Manager on telecommunications contracts, where each contract involves the provision of telecommunications services to 10,000 or more users, within the last 10 years.
- Proven experience in vendor management, dispute resolution.
- Formal negotiation training/certification is highly desirable
ITIL Certification is highly desirable.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional client partner and relationship builder.
- Proven history of ability to develop, manage and leverage client and vendor relationships.
- Experienced people leader.
- High comfort level with strategic plan development and implementation.
- Adept at balancing shifting priorities in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Strong speaker, presenter and influencer.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly capable in message formulation and communication.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate requirements and remove roadblocks.
- Functional knowledge of the SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.