The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Telecom Project / Vendor Manager who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Candidates within this role must be eligible to obtain an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance.
Our partner is looking for a Project Manager with strong experience managing vendors on large telecommunication projects. This individual will be responsible for reviewing proposals, vendor qualifications, and managing the winning vendor’s performance over the duration of the 2 year project.
The successful candidate will use their depth of experience in LAN / WAN telecommunications infrastructure to provide expert advice and stewardship on a national modernization project.
Overall responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Evaluation and communication of program or project issues affecting compliance and/or adherence to strategy.
- Participating in steering committees, executive briefings, risk reviews, escalations and change control.
- Facilitation of negotiations, dispute resolutions and associated contractual changes and amendments.
- Establishment of an internal framework to facilitate effective contractual change, issue and risk management.
- Concise communication of contract status (milestone achievements, risks, issues, disputes, penalties, etc.) to internal teams from C-Suite to project level.
- Owner of Interaction with internal and vendor resources to ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
- Analysis and assessment of contract provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
- Management of contract documentation.
- Working closely with legal counsel as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Enhanced Reliability clearance or eligibility to attain ER clearance (5 years living in Canada with a clean criminal record and credit history).
- Previous experience working on telecommunications contracts within the last 5 years, with a total contract value greater than $20M.
- High comfort level with strategic plan development and implementation.
- Proven history of ability to develop, manage and leverage client and vendor relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional Certification in Contract Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal negotiation training/certification.
- ITIL Certification.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.