The recruiting team at Myticas is staffing a 12 month + position for a Senior Data Visualization Analyst with our client in Ottawa. This person will join a national transformation project that will alter the organizations process, software, and hardware that supports over 6000 facilities.
Your work will impact how executives, managers and operational staff analyze thousands of employees and services along their delivery systems affecting millions of Canadians every day.
- Enhanced Reliability clearance or eligibility to obtain (5 years living in Canada with a clean criminal record)
- Solid experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau & Power BI
- Experience MS SQL Server
- A commitment to producing work that is visually appealing on the surface, but also draws you in and tells a clear, contextual story
- An insatiable curiosity and a desire to visually explore data
- Strong understanding that good data visualizations are informative, but great visualizations have interactive and exploratory elements to them as well
- Strong communication skills – an ability to build a narrative around data and reveal its value to customers in both the work itself and presentations
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience working with Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- 5+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in an analytics and/or visualization function
- Familiarity with Databricks
- Familiarity with Spark
- A general understanding of programming
- Business acumen – understand business drivers and have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions
- Creating a range of different visualizations for a wide range of purposes (eg. business, service monitoring and operational). Some of the types include: charts, dashboards, infographs and other pictorial diagrams that can be manipulated dynamically
- Working with data/research analysts and architects to create data visualization tools that are interactive and meaningful
- Performing statistical analysis of large data sets to better understand trends, relationships between variables, and to formulate predictive insights
- Cross-train head office analysts to be able to create their own dashboards to configure and extend existing ones.
- Provide training, aggregate existing training material online so it can be used as knowledge transfer.
- Comprehensive documentation must be maintained in lock-step of all visualization artifacts.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.