The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Datastage ETL Developer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Security Clearance Required: Enhanced Reliability.
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model and business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform data analysis and data modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings.
- Load target databases using complex transformations that come from many systems.
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in the design sessions. Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements.
- Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews.
- Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL run book.
- Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document).
- Reverse engineering of existing ETL processes and design/implement functionally equivalent real-time streaming pipelines by leveraging Kafka.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience required including,
- 3+ year experience in IBM InfoSphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage)
- 3+ year development with database technologies (Oracle, MySQL)
- 1+ year experience with data warehousing methodologies
- 1+ year experience in PL/SQL development.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.