The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Development CoE (Centre of Excellence) Lead who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Toronto, Ontario region.
Candidates within this role must either have an Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance or have eligibility to obtain one.
The Development Lead ensures that developers deliver quality solutions that abide to the standards set by the Development CoE. This individual often acts as the lead designer of the technical solution in collaboration with the solution architect. The Development Lead provides guidance in regards to development and is considered a primary point of contact for the Development CoE.
The right candidate must be:
- Open to the world, curious and create innovative landscape to foster innovation and creativity.
- Able to navigate through uncertainty, lead and influence change, and build confidence in others.
- Willing to lead and manage others and is accountable for HR related responsibilities such as goal setting, performance management, recruitment, and performance improvement initiatives.
- Willing to travel to Ottawa.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understands the overall/strategic direction defined by senior management – related to team goals.
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration, working as one team.
- Build a cohesive team and create an inspiring team environment.
- Support business and personal goals, including performance review and evaluation, and career development.
- Mentor, coach, motivate and guide team members in carrying out related development activities.
- Agile approach and ability to iterate to create innovation.
- Leverage analytics for ongoing and continuous improvement.
- Lead technical design sessions, review design and development tasks.
- Establish coding conventions/standards/checklists for area of expertise.
- Perform code review in critical functionality areas.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently respond to and work on production issues (sometimes after hours or weekends).
Experiences we are looking for:
- 5+ years of Development Team leadership and mentoring experience with minimal guidance, excellent communication.
- Minimum 10+ years developing/maintaining robust, highly-available, high performance distributed systems.
- 10 years of experience in Java, J2EE.
- Experience developing effective APIs, RESTful services, Microservices design, and development.
- Excellent object-oriented software design skills.
- Experience developing complex data-driven server-side software in Java.
- Strong experience in developing with Spring MVC framework, Core, and Boot.
- Good knowledge of Spring Security.
- Deep understanding of service-side/middle-tier technologies: caching strategies/solutions, middle-tier frameworks, messaging/queuing.
- Experience and solid understanding of Single Page Application development.
- Familiar with how modern DevOps works, canary flows.
- Familiar with PCI compliance/Security standards/issues.
- Experience with Tomcat, Git, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Jira, SoapUI, Oracle, Maven, Subversion.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.