The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Team Lead, Development & XML Solutions Architect who would be interested in a contract to hire opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The candidate within this role will lead an agile development team, build and work on enterprise-grade applications.
This role is equally devoted to the continual development, evolution, support, and governance of the Content Model, as well as the multi-channel publishing system from end-to-end, specifically from author to customer.
The Team Lead Development & XML Solutions Architect works closely with the clinical editors to ensure that they can enter the content the enterprise needs, and that the content can move efficiently through internal and external systems.
The Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
The experiences we are looking for are:
- 5+ years experience with XML tools and related technologies, publishing engines, print formatters, content models/architectures, and designing/implementing full solutions from content authoring to content publishing.
- 2+ years in web-based application design and development using Java.
The skills we would require:
- In-depth knowledge of XML, XSLT, HTML, XSD, CSS, DITA.
- In-depth knowledge with XML tools and their configuration.
- In-depth knowledge with XML content management (including CMSes), link management, and metadata management, data models, object models.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with clients at all levels.
- Ability to bridge content and development teams.
- Knowledge of enterprise publishing and publication channels.
- Adept in the governance of the content model and related items.
- Hands on experience with core Java, Java Scripts.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies is desired.
- Experience with relational database design.
- Windows/Linux server environments.
- Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Analysis (OOA).
- Creative, innovative, and critical thinker.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in technical leadership roles.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized and results-focused.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal, listening, writing, reading).
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct management.
- Understands expectations that were set with the client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Participates in the interview process for new hires as required.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.