The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Candidates within this role must either have or be eligible to obtain an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance.
Working as a member of a team building an Azure datacentre, the automation Automation Engineer will help build the means and methods for deployment of solutions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to provide a smooth service transition of scripts and automation tools to the IT Operations team.
- Automate core infrastructure components.
- Automate Provisioning Requests.
- Manage Configuration and Automation Backlog.
- Enhance Automation and Streamline.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience or strong familiarity with Ansible.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code and/or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Proficiency using scripting and development frameworks to drive automation.
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery platforms.
- Experience building automated build chains and pipelines.
- Experience integrating CI/CD platforms with 3rd party systems and cloud platforms.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and tools in a DevOps model.
- Experience in defining and implementing cross teams and standard methodologies and practices; user education and support.
- Ability to understand broad application and infrastructure architecture concepts and apply patterns to those that enable automation and development agility.
- Extensive experience working with open source frameworks and leveraging capabilities scaled by the community at large.
- Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
- ITIL foundations certification.
- Understanding of Agile delivery principles.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team.
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise.
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices.
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services.
- Understanding of Platform as a Service paradigms and hybrid deployment topology management.
- Adaptive to change and ability to quickly learn and apply concepts to business priorities.
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.