The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a Director of Procurement who would be interested in a permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The ideal candidate will be able to form and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure that the Procurement team runs as efficiently as possible.
- Leading multiple procurement teams to apply their strategic sourcing expertise to procurement activities.
- Working closely with internal customers and stakeholders to understand the spend requirements and trends in-order-to build a process for supply that avoids shortages or over-investment.
- Lead process improvement activities that improve the procuring of goods & services including but not limited to consumables, capital equipment, and services.
- Leader for inventory and indirect purchases and the provisioning of equipment in Canada.
- Track orders and form system lead times, delivery dates, and costs while providing visibility of potential interruptions and present mitigating actions.
- Analyze the spending patterns discover cost-saving opportunities.
- Support other Procurement Specialists in other verticals or regions as required.
- Participate in product development activities to find suppliers and get prices.
- Evaluate key suppliers on a regular basis.
- Participate in the contract process to ensure proper coverage.
- Work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate a continual improvement mindset and develop that skillset throughout the organization.
- Lead the team to meet annual KPIs.
- Help grow procurement into a world-class procurement organization.
Experience and Background:
- Post-Secondary Education in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of managing a highly effective procurement organization.
- Knowledge of sourcing requirement and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple teams and or projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.