The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who would be interested in a permanent full-time opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
What you’ll do:
- You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills in the development of safe and secure products.
- You will be responsible for creating, automating and executing coding assets and test cases for software and platforms supported by the organization.
- You must be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on our technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment.
Who you’ll work with:
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers at all levels and across multiple product lines, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering.
- Work globally to deliver products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania, and beyond.
- Interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Junior to mid-level opportunity, working in collaboration with the senior and technical leads.
- Participating in cross-organizational workgroups.
- Interfacing with FAEs and Product Management on requirements and usability of core products.
- Create new code and troubleshoot existing code.
- Provide work estimates and analyze solutions and architectures
Document, reproduce, and resolve defects.
- Write, develop and review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
Perform both self-review of results/artifacts and peer review of preparation and execution documents assuring thorough coverage.
- Automate test cases and execution of both manual and automated tests.
- Collaborate with other members of the development team, QA team, architects and product managers.
- Recent graduate with your Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Strong programming skills with a variety of languages including C, Assembly, and Python.
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts with the ability to learn new technologies.
- Possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent debugging skills.
- Excellent team and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.