The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced ETL Developer who would be interested in a full-time permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa and/or Halifax regions.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for those who have:
- A mastery of all things SQL (and NoSQL).
- Demonstrated ability to write DDL and DML queries, procedures, etc.
- A sound knowledge of relational database principles and relational data modeling.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical solutions to various levels of the organization.
- A good understanding of cloud based services on AWS or Azure or a strong desire to learn.
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java, C#, Scala or Python.
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services, JSON.
- Ability to prioritize technology decisions based on business value and impact.
- A history of technical leadership and advocating use of improved tools/frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Ability to work in small teams and with minimal supervision.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with MySQL 5.6+ and Microsoft SQL Server 2016+.
- Knowledge of source control and bug tracking systems like Git and Jira.
- Data Visualization experience in Power BI, Tableau, or similar products.
- Experience applying data warehousing principles and technologies.
- Working knowledge of ETL tools and practices, especially Microsoft SSIS ETL packages.
- Understanding of object oriented programming principles.
- Understanding of abstraction concepts and integration with application code.
- Post-secondary education in computer science.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum frameworks.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.