The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced ETL Developer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Candidates within this role are to have at least an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain.
Overall responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy the identified data model and business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings.
- Load target databases using complex transformations that come from many systems.
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in the design sessions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements.
- Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews.
- Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL runbook.
- Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document) or User Stories.
Must have experiences include:
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology.
- 3+ years experience in relational databases, ETL, and Data Warehousing technologies such as IBM infosphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage).
- 1+ years ETL design and development with one or more leading ETL products and solutions.
- 2+ years developing or architecting application systems.
- 1+ year with Data Warehousing, Data Integration, ETL tools, Data Quality tools, Databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent design documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple platforms and formats, including SSIS, DataStage, structured and unstructured data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple data platforms including but not limited to SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Cloud Unstructured database services.
- Demonstrated EDW process and design methodology.
- Demonstrated agile development and modeling abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise design methodology.
Candidates looking to apply for the role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.