The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a Director of Global Trade who would be looking to get into their next full-time permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
- Develop and maintain relevant industry sector strategies and industry growth trends and opportunities.
- Qualify relevance/capability of companies to expand sales opportunities in international markets.
- Provide deep expertise on the business and technical capabilities and competitiveness of companies and identify “best in class” for priority support and introductions.
- Represent the voice of the companies with regards to presenting Canadian solutions to the business needs and requirements of international business networks and customers.
- Work with various teams and external partners to keep current on emerging Canadian technologies and Canadian expertise and gather market intelligence in specified sectors of expertise to augment and maintain relevant industry sector strategies.
- Establish and lead internal and external virtual teams including sector associations, innovation hubs and government partners to complement priorities and activities.
- Through deep relationships developed with targeted Canadian companies, identify and facilitate introductions to internal colleagues that can provide additional support through other relevant products and services.
- Build relationships with companies to understand their business plans, foreign markets of interest, technical capabilities, product offerings and competitive advantages to enable the connections of these companies through either direct introductions or through events with the support of the Connections team.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximize multi-sector creation activities with foreign buyers and prospects.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (or equivalent professional designation) in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of combined business development and technical advisory experience in the relevant sector/area of responsibility.
- Strong technical knowledge of supply chains acquired through direct business activity within the identified sector.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in sales and/or account management.
- Well developed and deep global professional network and strong technical and business knowledge acquired through directly relevant business activity.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead virtual teams.
- Bilingual in both official languages (English and French).
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade.
- MBA, CFA, CPA or similar designation.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.