Hello Data Scientists, we have an exciting Hadoop Developer opportunity we’re hiring for.
We need a Hadoop Developer to focus on creating robust applications on Hadoop to support our organizations ongoing data science projects.
The skills and experiences we need in order to be successful in this role would be:
- Experience with ETL and UNIX.
- Expertise in KSH scripting/data manipulation.
- Experience with Teradata and SQL DB.
- Need advanced skills (3+ years) in MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Sqoop and Flume.
- Experience with Apache Mahout and R.
Additional skills that are desired are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with IBM DataStage and Unix Scripting.
- Technical experience with big data visualization apps.
- Ability to clearly articulate pros and cons of technologies.
- Ability to document use cases, solutions, and recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support program and project managers in the planning, estimation, and implementation of projects.
- Ability to develop business acumen and data subject-matter expertise.
- Experience performing detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
If you’re looking to apply for this position, be sure to send us an updated model of your resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will formally follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.