The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced IDE Software Development Engineer who would be interested in a permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
What you’ll do:
- Create innovative solutions for our tools to improve usability and meet our customer’s needs.
- Identify and capture customer requirements, working closely with product management, customers and architects.
- Create software specifications and designs that address customer needs, provide accurate technical estimates.
- Conduct technical design reviews, code reviews and unit test implementations.
- Strive for exceptional quality in our products.
- Collaborate within our team and with the product development teams.
- Strive for constant improvement on technical skills and on our team’s development practices.
Who you’ll be working with:
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers at all levels and across our multiple product lines, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering.
- Working in collaboration with the senior and technical leads.
- Participating in cross-organizational workgroups.
- Interfacing with FAEs and Product Management on requirements and usability of our core products.
What are the requirements:
- University degree in computer science, engineering (or equivalent)
- We are looking for intermediate and senior levels of experience.
- Strong background in Java and C/C++.
- Passion for development tools and embedded operating systems.
- Strong experience with using Eclipse as an IDE.
- Experience contributing to an Eclipse project is highly desirable.
- Experience with automated testing practices.
- Proven track record in building exceptional user experiences with a focus on simplicity.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Lean concepts, Git, and Atlassian suite of tools.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux based platforms and environments.
- Innovative attitude and creative problem solver.
- Exceptional communicator.
- Enthusiasm coupled with initiative and an intense desire to learn.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.